“The Mission of RHF (Retirement Housing Foundation), a national non-profit organization, is to provide affordable housing and service coordination for persons with limited incomes in an inclusive environment that enhances their quality of life physically, mentally, and spiritually. RHF is committed to serving its residents and their local communities.” Please visit our website at http://www.rhf.org for additional company information. RHF is an equal opportunity employer.
We currently have an open position for a Philanthropy Associate at our Retirement Housing Foundation – Corporate Office located in Long Beach, CA.
* Retirement Housing Foundation, Corporate office is in need of a Philanthropy Associate.
The Philanthropy Associate plays an important role on the fundraising team by directly leading annual campaigns and supporting the fundraising activities of the Philanthropy Department. Responsibilities include coordinating annual campaigns, assisting with print publications, coordinating online/social media presence, and coordinating donor stewardship programs, and special event support. This position requires a high level of organization, the ability to multi-task, and a willingness to take initiative. The position reports to the Vice-President of Philanthropy.
• Under the general direction of the Vice-President of Philanthropy, participate directly and indirectly in all fundraising activities, working collaboratively with the Philanthropy team to achieve fundraising goals and objectives.
• Develop, implement, manage, and evaluate annual appeals including direct mail, employee giving, online/social media, and other special campaigns.
• Design campaign marketing and stewardship materials including printed, electronic, and video materials for Philanthropy Department.
• Maintain online giving pages.
• Develop a deep familiarity with donor and prospect portfolios to provide assistance with donor strategies and management.
• Direct stewardship programs: overseeing gift acknowledgements, designing and disseminating quarterly e-newsletters, maintaining donor wall, and contributing regularly to the Philanthropy Department’s portions of publications.
• Support execution of donor experience activities and communications to recognize and steward RHF donors, volunteers, and business partners.
• Actively represent RHF and RHF Charitable Foundation in the greater Los Angeles philanthropic community.
Database Management and Gift Processing:
• Process RHFCF and community donations and manage donor information in database, including updating and maintaining donor records, tracking campaign income, forecasting income projections and creating reports.
• Manage Philanthropy and Communications Departments database’s procedures, coding/table maintenance, individual and organizational records, and RHF mailing lists. Perform a yearly cleanup of the database through vendors, other RHF departments, and business partners.
• Prepare donor acknowledgement letters and other constituent correspondence.
• Oversee reporting for donor wall and donor lists in quarterly publications and annual report.
• Coordinate annual toy drive including obtaining child counts, toy/gift card purchases, wrapping, distribution, and acknowledgement.
• Coordinate Resident Benevolence and Scholarship award payments, letters, notification, and tracking.
• Collaborate closely with Communications Department to promote Philanthropy’s online and social media presence.
• Design printed and electronic program and event materials, as needed.
• Assist in maintaining and tracking community fulfillment of Social Accountability reporting.
• Outline and provide well-crafted first drafts, as well as edit, proofread, and provide critical review of reports and other materials intended for the board, senior management, and constituents, including reviewing budgets and financial reports.
• Provide general administrative support to the Philanthropy department staff.
• Other duties as assigned by the CSO & Vice-President of Philanthropy.
* • Minimum of 3 years relevant nonprofit fundraising experience required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills, including public speaking. Accuracy in handling details of tasks.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Disciplined self-starter, able to support more than one supervisor.
• Regional and overnight travel may be necessary. A good driving record and valid driver’s license is required.
• Computer knowledge: Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office. Abila FR50 (formerly Sage) and desktop publishing (i.e. Adobe Cloud Suite) experience a plus.
This is a Full-Time position.
If you are interested and qualified, please email resume to Stephanie Titus at email@example.com, phone#:562-257-5400 or fax to 562- 430-8723.
You will be required to provide your COVID vaccination card or you may request a vaccine exemption form for medical or religious reasons. The vaccine exemption form MUST be approved prior to concluding the pre-employment requirements.
If a job offer is made, your employment will start after a successful completion of a drug test, references, and background checks as deemed necessary. The drug test must be completed within three (3) business days of the job offer. If the above pre-employment requirements are not successfully met, the job offer will be withdrawn.