The Mission of RHF (Retirement Housing Foundation), a national non-profit organization, is to provide affordable housing and service coordination for persons with limited incomes in an inclusive environment that enhances their quality of life physically, mentally, and spiritually. RHF is committed to serving its residents and their local communities. Please visit our website at http://www.rhf.org for additional company information. RHF is an equal opportunity employer.
We currently have an open position for an Occupancy Compliance Specialist at our Retirement Housing Foundation located in Long Beach, CA.
* The Compliance Specialist will monitor the communities that report to Urban Futures to ensure sites are within their compliance requirements and recertification’s are completed timely. The Compliance Specialist will work directly with the regional managers and site managers to assist with training for funding sources relating to LIHTC, BOND, CRA, HOME, Major Project and Land Use. Troubleshoots occupancy and certification problems as needed. Prepares periodic reports and tracking for all properties reporting to Urban Futures.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review properties to ensure timely recertification’s that are required for the Urban Futures reporting. Follow up with site staff on due date requirements. Report any deadline challenges to Occupancy manager.
- Monitor the site set a sides and ensure that the residents allocations are in compliance with the regulatory agreements. Review Move in’s for sites that report to Urban Futures and confirm the residents will meet the property set a side requirement.
- Work closely with regional managers and site managers to provide support and training.
- Monitors Urban Futures reporting for all funding sources (BOND, MP, HOME, CRA and LU) by ensuring that the site uploads the required forms in Urban Futures.
- Preview, approve and submit all reporting to Urban Futures.
- Maintain internal reports that include Urban Futures submission dates and results.
- Work closely with the senior compliance specialist from Urban Futures for any additional requirements needed prior to closing the reporting period.
- Review and approve initial’s and recertification files for LIHTC.
- Update the LIHTC, Bond, CRA, MP, HOME and LU income limits in Onesite.
- Update the LIHTC, Bond, CRA, MP, HOME and LU rents in Onesite.
- Works with Occupancy Manager to resolve software issues related to LIHTC, Bond, CRA, MP, HOME and LU.
- Assists Occupancy manager with review of resident ledgers.
- Other duties as assigned
* EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Knowledge and a minimum of 5-year experience with LIHTC, Bond, CRA, MP, HOME and Land Use programs requirements. COS and Tax Credit Certificates required. Experience with occupancy preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Highly motivated and able to work independently.
This is a Full-Time position.
If you are interested and qualified, please email resume to Crystal Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone#:5622575400 or fax to 562/4305212.
You will be required to provide your COVID vaccination card or you may request a vaccine exemption form for medical or religious reasons. The vaccine exemption form MUST be approved prior to concluding the pre-employment requirements.
If a job offer is made, your employment will start after a successful completion of a drug test, references, criminal check, and other background screens as deemed necessary. Please note the drug test must be completed within three (3) business days of this job offer. If the above pre-employment requirements are not successfully met, the job offer will be withdrawn.
See www.rhf.org for company information and background.