The Mission of RHF (Retirement Housing Foundation), a national non-profit organization, is to provide affordable housing and service coordination for persons with limited incomes in an inclusive environment that enhances their quality of life physically, mentally, and spiritually.
We currently have an open position for a Korean Speaking Social Service Coordinator at our Angelus Plaza located in Los Angeles, CA.
* 1. Serve as an advocate/ liaison between management, and outside agencies that provide social, health benefits, training, and other services for seniors to age in place.
2. Provide information & referral, crisis intervention, and conflict resolution.
3. Monitor resident referrals between administration and other departments.
4. Conduct home visits
5. Make resident assessments
6. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in AASC on line
7. Submit monthly reports to Social Service Coordinator Director
8. Distribution of monthly taxi vouchers/ bus coupons
9. Entering data into MetoTAP database
10. Heavy translation of flyers, memos, documents, and presentations
11. Assist the outside community seniors
12. Promote and participate in Project H.A.N.D.S
* 1. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Gerontology, and/or Sociology, with experience and training in the field.
2. Experience in working with a diverse group of seniors and persons with disabilities
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills (must be a people person)
5. Ability to work effectively under pressure of deadlines; with heavy caseloads
6. Must be able to handle constant change in a fast-paced environment and be able to deal with multiple people and various situations simultaneously
7. Ability to use initiative and work independently.
8. Experience with using Microsoft office programs
9. Proficiency in reading and writing in English and Korean
This is a Full-Time position.
If you are interested and qualified, please email resume to Maricela Virgen at Maricela.Virgen@rhf.org, phone#:213-623-4352 ext. 4002 or fax to 213-626-7352.
You will be required to provide your COVID vaccination card or you may request a vaccine exemption form for medical or religious reasons. The vaccine exemption form MUST be approved prior to concluding the pre-employment requirements.
If a job offer is made, your employment will start after a successful completion of a drug test, references, and background checks as deemed necessary. The drug test must be completed within three (3) business days of the job offer. If the above pre-employment requirements are not successfully met, the job offer will be withdrawn.