“The Mission of RHF (Retirement Housing Foundation), a national non-profit organization, is to provide affordable housing and service coordination for persons with limited incomes in an inclusive environment that enhances their quality of life physically, mentally, and spiritually. RHF is committed to serving its residents and their local communities.” Please visit our website at http://www.rhf.org for additional company information. RHF is an equal opportunity employer.
We currently have an open position for a Director of Philanthropy at our Retirement Housing Foundation – corporate office located in Long Beach, CA.
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for major gifts development activities for Retirement Housing Foundation in an effort to raise funding for capital efforts and special projects and programs. The position develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive fundraising plan to expand philanthropic support of the organization, including identifying and strengthening relationships with community stakeholders, grant writing and management, pursuing and managing corporate and individual leads, and fostering strong donor and sponsor stewardship. This person will also be involved in planning and executing fundraising and donor recognition events. Reports to the Chief Strategy Officer & Vice President of Philanthropy.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement a comprehensive development plan annually which helps maintain the fiscal health of the organization and provides future financial resources for growth and expansion, including but not limited to major giving, grants, annual appeal development and management, and events.
- Develop and implement strategy to oversee fundraising for corporate and foundation donors.
- Develop strong relationships within the community to foster a positive image to organizations and individuals to make RHF Charitable Foundation their local charity of choice for funding.
- Act as a contact for funding, donations and fundraising event inquiries.
- Maintain portfolio of at least 50 donors for continuous development and stewardship
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of fundraising experience required
- 3-5 years of management experience required
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office; Abila preferred
- CFRE preferred, Bachelor’s Degree required
- Excellent personal, verbal and written communication skills
- Grants management and Major gifts experience required
- Able to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Solid organizational, time management and project management skills required
- Initiative and collaborative skills indicated
- Foster and promote relationships and partnering within the community
This is a Full-Time position.
If you are interested and qualified, please email resume to Human Resources at email@example.com, phone#:562/257-5400 or fax to 562/430-8723.
You will be required to provide your COVID vaccination card or you may request a vaccine exemption form for medical or religious reasons. The vaccine exemption form MUST be approved prior to concluding the pre-employment requirements.
If a job offer is made, your employment will start after a successful completion of a drug test, references, and background checks as deemed necessary. The drug test must be completed within three (3) business days of the job offer. If the above pre-employment requirements are not successfully met, the job offer will be withdrawn.